This project is located in the heart of an operating hospital campus and university (Samuel Merritt) in downtown Oakland, CA. Sutter Health used Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) method for this contract. In short, IPD method is a special 3rd party contract in which the Owner, Architect and Contractor enter into an agreement to optimize the construction process from start to finish. An Estimated Maximum Price is agreed upon up front, and all parties are equally responsbible to make sure the project meets that goal.
- Design-Build project used IPD.
- Parking structure was modeled and integrated using BIM
- Overaa provided extensive preconstruction services including below grade parking structure system evaluation: multiple deep foundations, soil improvement, and waterproofing systems.
- Constructabilty review included structural considerations including the option to build a future 32,000 sf Fitness center on the future 8th level,
- Envelope and skin options designed to match the aesethetic of the medical campus inlcuding the new Hospital Tower design.
- 25,000 CY of concrete placed in 8 months.
- 38,000 manhours worked without a recordable injury.
- Finished on schedule and under budget.