The Project consists of construction of a new anaerobic digester, new sludge transfer pump station, new iron salts chemical facility, new hot water boiler, and associated structures, equipment, piping, electrical and control components. To accomplish this work the Contractor shall complete the work items indicated in the Contract Documents, including but not limited to the following:
• Improve site soil conditions.
• Construct new 2.4-million-gallon anaerobic digester with submerged-fixed concrete cover and waffle bottom.
• Install new confined gas mixing system with four draft tubes and gas lance assemblies, two rotary liquid ring gas compressors, a recessed impeller foam suppression pump, and related items.
• Install new heating recirculation system with spiral heat exchanger, two recessed impeller recirculation pumps, and related items.
• Construct new sludge transfer pump station with digester transfer tank, three progressive cavity pumps, and related items.
• Install new packaged watertube hot water boiler with two horizontal end suction centrifugal pumps and related items.
• Construct new concrete equipment pad to the west of existing Heating and Mixing Building (HMB) No. 4 with built-in utility trenches, pre-engineered metal canopy, and associated drainage system.
• Construct new ferrous/ferric (FE) chloride chemical facility with concrete secondary containment structure, 10,150-gallon fiberglass-reinforced plastic single walled tank, two chemical metering pumps, and related items.
• Install new yard piping.
• Connect new facilities/yard piping to existing digester feed, digester heating, sludge transfer, digester gas, natural gas, plant hot water, potable water, reclaimed water, and plant drainage systems.
• Install digester gas and plant hot water temporary bypass systems to facilitate tie-ins to existing facilities/yard piping.
• Install two new roof penetrations and related items at the existing secondary digesters.
• Install new 480-volt motor control center with associated variable frequency drives, motor starters, and circuit breakers at the existing HMB No. 4 Electrical Room.
• Provide new 480-volt power feed from existing Switchboard No. 3 (SWBD-3) switchboard to HMB No. 4.
• Provide new 480-volt motor control center section with associated variable frequency drives and circuit breakers at the existing Thickener Electrical Building.
• Install new PLC-20 expansion cabinet in the existing HMB No. 4 Electrical Room.
• Install new electrical and communication ductbanks.
• Demolish and dispose of existing hot water boiler and related items.
• Demolish existing concrete slab and digester gas piping located outdoors to the west of HMB No. 4.
• Demolish and replace existing roofing for HMB No. 4.
• Conduct site survey of all exterior below-grade facilities prior to excavation for new improvements.
• Prepare and submit Record Drawings and Record Specification in electronic format.
• Other miscellaneous improvements as shown and specified.
Project Duration: 610 Calendar Days
A prebid conference will be held at 10:00 a.m., local time, on September 17, 2019 at the Alvarado Wastewater Treatment Plant located at 5072 Benson Road, Union City, CA 94587 and a site visit will be conducted immediately following the prebid conference. Attendance at the prebid conference is not mandatory but prospective bidders are encouraged to attend the prebid conference and this site visit. A site visit prior to bidding is mandatory for the contractor to be qualified to bid on the project. However, the site visit may be conducted by the contractor at its convenience prior to the preparation of its bid if the District is notified 24 hours in advance. The site visit shall be conducted in the presence of the District’s Project Manager.
Copies of the Contract Documents are now on file and available for public inspection in the District Office, 5072 Benson Road, Union City, CA 94587-2508. A paper copy of the Contract Documents, including half size drawings, may be purchased at the District Office for a non-refundable $150 charge, which includes the appropriate State sales tax and UPS Ground shipping costs. Bidders can provide their UPS or Fed Ex account number for any overnight shipping but the charge will not be discounted. Partial sets of Bid Documents are not available from the District. Bidders may pay for plans and specs by sending a check made out to Union Sanitary District, 5072 Benson Road, Union City, California 94587, or by going to our website www.unionsanitary.ca.gov for payment by VISA or MASTERCARD credit card.
Project information may be viewed at www.unionsanitary.ca.gov. Electronic copies of the Contract Documents are available on Compact Discs for a non-refundable $15 charge, which includes the appropriate States sales tax and UPS Ground shipping costs. Bidders can provide their UPS or Fed Ex account number for any overnight shipping but the charge will not be discounted. However, all bidders submitting a bid must purchase and receive a paper copy of the Project Manual of Primary Digester No. 7 Project, Project No. 900-486 from the District prior to the bid opening date. All submitted bids must be on bid forms included in the purchased paper copy of the Project Manual or subsequent addenda. A bid submitted to the District by a bidder who has not purchased and received a paper copy of the Project Manual of Primary Digester No. 7 Project, Project No. 900-486, or submitted on bid forms not included in the purchased paper copy of the Project Manual or subsequent addenda shall be considered non-responsive and shall be rejected by the District.