Scope of work includes: The project consists of new civil, mechanical, architectural, structural, HVAC, electrical, and instrumentation improvements and modifications to existing facilities. To accomplish this work, the Contractor shall complete the work items indicated on the
Contract Documents, including, but not limited to the following:
- Procurement and installation of three new 12kv rated 2.5-MW standby engine generators, standby power distribution and paralleling switchgear, generator control panels, motor control center (MCC)/power panels, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and other appurtenances.
- Construction of a new prefabricated metal building sized to house three new standby engine generators and associated electrical equipment, with room for one future standby engine generator.
- Construction of exterior pad-mounted transformers, an aboveground diesel fuel storage tank, day fuel tanks, and fueling system.
- Replacement of Substation No. 2 and MCCs.
- Installation of new electrical duct banks.
- Demolition of existing structures, generators, fuel tanks, control panels, switchgear, PLCs, MCCs, and other electrical/instrumentation equipment.
Work shall be completed in accordance with all the requirements of the Contract Documents.
Project Location: Union City, CA
Duration: seven hundred sixty (760) calendar days
We encourage bids from all Subcontractors/Suppliers including SDVOSB/VOSB/MBE/WBE/DBE/SBE bidders. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage contracting with a group of DBEs when a contract is too large for one firm to handle individually. We offer to assist you with bonding, credit, and insurance. We are signatory to both Carpenters and Laborers. Subcontractors will be required to sign the Overaa Standard Subcontract Agreement, which includes the right for Overaa to require subcontractors to furnish a faithful performance and labor bond, in a form and from a surety acceptable to Overaa, in the amount of 100% of the Subcontract price. Subcontractors will be required to comply with all subcontract insurance requirements, which includes providing a waiver of subrogation endorsement to their worker compensation insurance. Overaa utilizes the environmentally-friendly Textura electronic invoicing and payment system to streamline and expedite subcontractor invoicing and payment. Service fees charged by Textura for processing of electronic payments to Subcontractor shall be the responsibility of Subcontractor. The Overaa Standard Subcontract Agreement is available for viewing at our website: www.overaa.com