This is an Overaa project.
SCOPE OF WORK:
THE SCOPE OF WORK FOR THIS PROJECT IS A NEW 3,360 SF MODULAR SCIENCE CLASSROOM BUILDING AND A NEW 480 SF MODULAR RESTROOM BUILDING ON A PERMANENT FOUNDATION. ADDITIONALLY THE PROJECT INCLUDES:
1. ACCESS COMPLIANCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: ACCESSIBLE PATH OF TRAVEL CONSISTING OF
PRIMARY ENTRANCE, TOILET FACILITIES, AND DRINKING FOUNTAINS.
2. SITE WORK AND FENCING RELATED TO THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
3. ELECTRICAL SWITCHGEAR FOR THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
4. FIRE ALARM FOR THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
5. INTRUSION ALARM FOR THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
6. DATA/NETWORK SYSTEM FOR THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
7. CLOCKS/BELLS/SPEAKER SYSTEM FOR THE NEW MODULAR BUILDING.
Construction Schedule: start 1/1/2024 and finish 7/1/2024
There is a PLA on this project.
LBE and SLBE Oakland participation is encouraged for this project.
Local Business Utilization (LBU) Policy
There is a 50% Local Business participation requirement on all District Capital Program construction and construction related professional services agreements.
Accepting Oakland based firms who are currently certified by the following agencies:
• The City of Oakland
• The Port of Oakland
• Alameda County Transportation Commission
• Alameda County
• California Public Utilities Commission
LBE – Local Business Enterprise: A firm located in Oakland and certified by the City of Oakland and/or one of the listed agencies as an LBE.
SLBE – Small Local Business Enterprise: A firm located in Oakland and certified by the City of Oakland as an SLBE or VSLBE, and/or one of the listed agencies that meets the City of Oakland small business size standards.
SLRBE – Small Local Resident Business Enterprise: A firm certified by the Oakland Unified School District that meets all the criteria for the SLBE and whose owner is a current City of Oakland resident.
The 50% Local Business utilization requirement can be met with: 25% (or less) Local Business (LBE) participation AND 25% (or more) Small Local and/or Small Local Resident Business (SLBE/SLRBE) participation.