Overaa & Co. is the Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) for Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL). This Project is for a New Facility at the same location as former Building 54 and for specific Transit Hub and Utility Project Scope elements collectively called Later THUP.
Scope of New Facility (SSM B) and Later Transit Hub and Utilities (Later THUP) includes but is not limited to:
- Work to build new LEED Gold Facility with cafeteria, conference rooms, patio, medical clinic, badging office, site improvements including refurbished and new vehicle access and drop off, a new pedestrian entry plaza and related sidewalks, ramps and site stairs, new and reconfigured accessible parking spaces, and new shuttle bus shelter.
- Work includes but is not limited to Structural Concrete, Concrete Reinforcement, Concrete Paving, Architectural Precast, Structural Steel, Metal Fabrications, Steel Decking, Finish Carpentry, Metal Panels, Roofing, Metal Roofing, Waterproofing, Cementitious Fire Protection, Flashings, Expansion Joints, Firestopping, Joint Sealants, Insulation, Doors, Frames, & Hardware, Glazing, Skylight, Demountable Partitions, Overhead Coiling Doors, Framing & Drywall, Painting & Wallcovering, Acoustic Ceiling, Tile, Flooring, Epoxy Flooring, Entrance Mats, Concrete Polishing, Signage, Operable Walls, Specialties, Window Treatments, Loading Dock Equipment, Foodservice, Elevators, Gravity Based Chutes, HVAC, Controls, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Fences & Gates, Landscape, Pavement Markings.
- Bidders are welcome to view an LBNL New Facility Virtual Project Presentation for Bidders. See Instructions to Bidders for more information.
- Bidders are welcome to attend a Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Job Walk. See Instructions to Bidders for more information.
PREQUALIFICATION – All bidding subcontractors and suppliers on this project are subject to prequalification.
WORK REQUIREMENTS – On-site personnel are subject to LBNL badging process requirements.
TRADE PACKAGES – Trade packages for specific trades have been included and bids will be accepted based on these packages.
SCHEDULE – A project schedule is provided.
SUBCONTRACT – A project specific sample subcontract which differs from the Overaa Standard Subcontract Agreement is included. By submitting a bid, bidders agree to all terms and conditions of Overaa’s Subcontract Agreement; requesting any changes is grounds for bid to be determined non-responsive at Overaa’s sole discretion.
SMALL BUSINESS PLAN – A small Business Subcontracting Plan applies to this project. Subcontracting Goals include the following terms, abbreviations, or acronyms are used throughout this Plan and participation goals:
- ANC – Alaska Native Corporation: count toward SDB participation goal.
- HUBZone – Historically Underutilized Business Zone Small Business: 3% participation goal.
- SB – Small Business concern: (All Small Business Concerns) 50% participation goal.
- SDB (including ANC and Indian Tribes) – Small Disadvantaged Business concern: 5% participation goal
- VOSB – Veteran-Owned Small Business concern: 3% participation goal
- SDVOSB – Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business concern: 3% participation goal
- WOSB – Women-Owned Small Business concern: 5% participation goal
Disadvantaged Business participation is encouraged, feel free to contact our office should you need further assistance.
COVID-19 – All subcontractor personnel are obligated to abide by Overaa and LBNL COVID-19 Protocol at all times.
BUY AMERICAN – All project construction materials, products, and equipment shall be furnished in accordance with the Buy American Act (BAA), FAR clause 52.225-9; Buy American Act – Construction Materials.