A third-generation member of the Overaa family, Jerry has been an integral part of the company since 1966.
In his current role as CEO, he is responsible for financial control and customer satisfaction. Specifically, Jerry directs business development, including review of project estimates and competitive bidding, and oversees all construction activities including project management and field operations.
Jerry has used his engineering background and hands-on management style to establish efficient construction methods for Overaa both in the field and in the office. Under his direction the firm has grown from an annual dollar volume of $10 million in 1974 to well over $100 million today.
His academic background includes an M.S. in civil engineering and construction engineering from Stanford University. His undergraduate degree from U.C. Davis is also in civil engineering.
Jerry is very active in both construction related and community organizations, including:
- Northern California Carpenters Pension and Annuity Trustee
- Member and Past President, Board of Directors, CEA (Construction Employers Assoc.)
- Member and Past Chair, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo College of Architecture and Environmental Design Advisory Board
- Oakland Zoo Trust Board of Directors
- Former Member of Richmond Rotary Club
- Former Member of Board of Advisors, Salvation Army
- Member of Board of Directors, West County Boys and Girls Club